Looking back on my preliminary task, I feel as though I have learnt a lot in the progression from it to the full product. I am now able to understand what continuity editing means and I was able to demonstrate it. Whilst we were doing the preliminary task I was able to learn about the different techniques therefore when we started to shoot the final film we were able to apply them. It was very hard when we had to use the 180 degree rule because there was more space that use therefore it was harder to stick to a certain angle however since we used the rule in our preliminary task it was easier because we were able to plan before what side/angle it would be best use when we where planning it. We where able to develop a good sense of match on match action because we had tested this out before in our preliminary task.
There was more camera work in the full product because we were able to have more time to try different techniques and the film itself was longer. We where able to experiment with the final product because we where able to back and re-shoot if we weren't happy with the filming. Looking back at the preliminary task I feel that I have learnt a lot about the camera work and I have progressed from it to the full because now I realise that when you shoot one scene, you must shoot it again from another angle and when you go to edit the scene you can see what works well with it.
In the preliminarily we used shot reverse shot however not on the final product because we only had one character starring in it so we weren't able to use this particular technique however when we did use it in the preliminarily I was able to see how good it works and I can use it in my next projects.
One of the most important things that I learnt and helped me progress from the preliminary task to the final product was when I saw how the easily the camera picked up sound.
We where given more creative freedom for our final product compared to the preliminary task, this made our final more real because we didn’t have any ‘rules’ to it. There was more variety to choose from; we where able to change our story board if we didn’t fit in furthermore if we didn’t like the some scenes we shot we could back and re-shot them.
No comments:
Post a Comment